Best Yoga Poses For Beautiful Skin And Hair
Emerged from the sacred knowledge of Rigveda, Yoga has now become a worldwide phenomenon. While we do so much for our skin, hair, body and mind, Yoga can be a one stop solution for all your physical and mental worries. This Indian gem of a practice is great for your overall well-being. The word ‘Yoga’ itself means the yog (sum) of body and mind. It aligns our body and mind to make them strong, aware and in harmony with each other. So, this International Yoga Day, let’s know more about it and inculcate it in our lives.
5 Best Yoga Poses For Skin
Padmasana – Lotus Pose
Padmasana, which means "Lotus throne," is an asana that helps you relax your mind.. It relieves your stress and improves blood circulation, making it amazing for healthy glowing skin. When the blood flow in your skin is improved, it glows naturally and it gets easier for the skin to absorb the nutrients you consume from food. Proper circulation also detoxes your skin which solves problems like excess oil or dryness.
How to do Padmasana:
- Sit with your back straight on your yoga mat.
- Bring your right knee to your left hip while looking forward and holding out both legs.
- Bring your left knee to your right hip, your legs should be crossed, and your hands should be in the Dhyana mudra posture on your thighs
- Maintain a straight back.
- Inhale deeply and exhale slowly.
Paschimottanasana is a vigorous stretching pose. This is another excellent way to reduce stress and be calm. It cleanses the blood by improving circulation, increases skin suppleness, and minimizes wrinkles while also enhancing skin color. It helps your skin by alleviating stomach issues and constipation. A sluggish digestive system frequently results in dull-looking skin. It also causes acne in some areas of your face. Paschimottanasana can help balance your digestive system, resulting in healthy, attractive skin. This asana also helps to improve height.
How to do Paschimottanasana:
- Sit up straight and extend your legs wide.
- Put your right palm on your right knee and your left palm on your left knee.
- Inhale and then lean forward, trying to catch your toes.
- Bend your arm and place it on the floor.
- Hold your breath for 5 seconds
- Get the previous position back.
- Repeat 3–4 times more.
Ustrasana is an excellent position for strengthening your spine. This yoga position will help you obtain that flat belly you've always desired by working on your core muscles. Ustrasana enhances your skin and hair by eliminating toxins from the bloodstream, leaving your skin vibrant and shining. It expands your chest and enhances hormone function, both of which make healthy and glowing skin.
How to do Ustrasana:
- Kneel on the floor, legs parallel to the ground, and back straight.
- Bring your thigh in and place your hands on your hip, fingers pointing downwards.
- Bend your body to touch your heels, then pull your chest upwards.
- Hold this position for a few seconds, remembering to inhale and exhale.
- Repeat the course 3–4 times.
Dhanurasana or ‘Bow position’ gets its name from the fact that it resembles a bow. It is also known as the upward wheel stance. Dhanurasana increases complete body flexibility and is an excellent fatigue reliever. The pressure in your belly aids in detoxification, resulting in beautiful glowing skin. This asana is also good for people who are on a weight loss journey.
How to do Dhanurasana:
- Lie down with your back to the ceiling and your face to the floor
- Let your palms face the ceiling
- Lift your leg with hips touching the floor
- Stretch your body and touch your ankle
- Stretch your body with your abdomen firmly touching the floor
- Return to the starting position
Sarvangasana might seem a little challenging to perform, but it has great benefits for your overall well-being. Sarvangasana is also known as a supported shoulder stand or shoulder stand that increases blood circulation in the head. This stimulates blood circulation, which aids in the improvement of face skin, resulting in radiant skin. If you perform this stance on a daily basis, you will notice an improvement in your general skin texture as well as a reduction in pimples, wrinkles, and dullness in your face.
How to do Sarvangasana:
- Lie down on the yoga mat and face the ceiling
- Start lifting your leg slowly
- Lift your waist and take anchor from your back
Yoga has been trusted by generations for its incredible benefits. It is the most natural way to heal your body, skin, hair as well as mind. In the modern day race, to get the best looks and personality, yoga can be an old-school yet most effective way to win it.
For more such insightful information visit The Beauty Sailor Blogs